This article covers methods to resolve the Windows #Installer Service could not be accessed #error which occurs while we try to install a program in Windows or when you are running Windows in safe mode.
Windows Installer popups may be caused by Windows configuration issues, by Windows Update prompting you to install updates or by malware.
To fix #Windows installer error:
1. Click Start. , type services.
2. Right-click Windows Installer, and then click Properties.
3. If the Startup type box is set to Disabled, change it to Manual.
4. Click OK to close the Properties window.
5. Right-click the Windows Installer service, and then click Start.
6. Try to install or to uninstall again.
To fix error 1719 windows installer service could not be accessed:
1. Start the Windows Installer Service.
2. Stop and then Restart Windows Installer Service.
3. Reset the settings of Windows Installer Service in the registry.
To to Disable Windows Installer:
1. Log into Windows. Click the "Start" button.
2. Double-Click "Group Policy" in the left pane.
3. Expand the tree in the left side of the pane, "Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Window Installer".
4. Double click "Disable Windows Installer.
To enable Windows Installer in Safe Mode:
1. Press Windows + R, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run CMD as administrator.
2. Type the command net start msiserver in Command Prompt window, and press Enter to enable Windows Installer in Safe Mode in Windows 10.