This article will guide you on how to resolve Prestashop 404 error on homepage which mainly occurs due to many reasons which include bad permissions, memory limit, a problem with .htaccess file, and many more.
The HTTP error 404, or more commonly called "404 error", means that the page you are trying to open could not be found on the server.
This is a client-side incident which means either the page has been deleted or moved, and the URL has not been modified accordingly, or that you have misspelled the URL.
In other words, this means that there is no web page corresponding to the entered URL.
To resolve a #Prestashop HTTP 404 error:
1. The first thing to do is to refresh the page. Press F5 to refresh the URL.
An error may have occurred if the page wasn't loaded correctly.
2. Clear the browser cache and delete cookies. If you are able to connect to the site via another device such as your mobile phone, clearing the cache and clearing cookies should easily solve the problem.
3. Check the #URL and make sure it is spelled correctly.
Check spelling, hyphens, page extension, etc.
4. Remove malware: some malware can cause a 404 error to occur. It is imperative to make sure that your computer is protected and that it does not contain viruses.
5. Contact the site owner to report the 404 error. If you are the website owner, contact your web host and request further information.