This article will guide you the process to install #MSSQL Server 2019 on #CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 16.04.
SQL Server 2019 #Developer is a full-featured free edition, licensed for use as a development and test database in a non-production environment.
SQL Server 2019 allows us to integrate data from structured and unstructured data sources.
We can now process diverse big data and relational data sources using Transact-SQL from SQL Server using PolyBase.
We can see below PolyBase support external databases.
SQL Server Express can be used in production (beware of the limitations, like the 10GB cap), but according to this link Express is available for Linux. SQL Server Express is available to use in Production.
Starting with SQL Server 2017, SQL Server runs on Linux. It's the same SQL Server database engine, with many similar features and services regardless of your operating system. It's the same SQL Server database engine, with many similar features and services regardless of your operating system.
To run a SQL script in #Linux terminal:
1. Open Terminal and type mysql -u to Open the MySQL command line.
2. Type the path of your #mysql bin directory and press Enter.
3. Paste your #SQL file inside the bin folder of mysql server.
4. Create a #database in MySQL.
5. Use that particular database where you want to import the SQL file.