This article will guide you on steps to enable firewalld on #centos 7 servers for our customers. The firewall is one of the most important features of webservers. The #firewalld supports both IPv4 and IPv6 #firewall #settings.
Never run the iptables service and FirewallD service at the same time! The #iptables service is now provided by a separate package called iptables-services: Stop and disable the firewalld service first. # systemctl stop firewalld.
The firewalld daemon manages groups of #rules using entities called "zones". Zones are basically sets of rules dictating what traffic should be allowed depending on the level of trust you have in the networks your #computer is connected to.
To use FirewallD:
1. Installing and Managing FirewallD.
2. To start the service and enable FirewallD on boot: sudo systemctl start firewalld sudo systemctl enable firewalld.
3. Check the firewall status.
4. To view the status of the FirewallD daemon: sudo systemctl status firewalld.
5. To reload a FirewallD configuration: sudo firewall-cmd --reload.