This article covers how to use the hwinfo command in Linux. hwinfo command reports information about CPU, RAM, keyboard, mouse, graphics card, sound, storage, network interface, disk, partition, bios, and bridge, etc,.
The hwinfo utility displays the following information:
- CPU : manufacturer, model, frequency
- Motherboard : manufacturer, model, BIOS version, on-board controller
- RAM : RAM size, RAM type (FP, EDO, SDRAM, DDRAM)
- Hard disk controller : SCSI, IDE, on-board/card, model, BIOS version, chipset
- Hard disks : type, manufacturer, model, size, bus system (SCSI, IDE), partitioning
- CD-ROM drives : type, manufacturer, model, speed, internal/external, parallel port?
- Other media : CD writer, streamer (model, manufacturer, SCSI/EIDE/floppy streamer, capacity), ZIP drives, Jaz drives, MO drives, flopticals
- Graphics card : model, manufacturer, chipset, memory (DRAM, VRAM), memory size
- Other peripherals : printer, parallel ports, serial ports, modem, ISDN card