This article covers how to fix the error, Unable to add MS SQL database in Plesk.
Basically, the number of MS SQL databases is limited for the webspace, subscriptions, or reseller's plan.
In Web Admin Edition:
1. Log in to Plesk.
2. Go to Tools & Settings > License Management and check if Microsoft SQL Server support enabled or not:
a. If no, then it is required to purchase the MSSQL support first for the subscription.
MSSQL support is included in the Power Pack and Developer Pack.
b. If yes, then proceed to step 3.
3. Run the command below to get the current limit of MSSQL databases for the required webspace:
C:\> plesk bin subscription_settings --info example.com | findstr max_mssql_db
max_mssql_db 30 MS SQL databases
4. Increase the number of MSSQL databases for the required webspace (use the "-1" to set to the Unlimited value):
C:\> plesk bin subscription_settings -u example.com -max_mssql_db 100
plesk bin subscription_settings -u example.com -max_mssql_db -1
In Web Pro and Web Host Editions:
1. Log in to Plesk.
2. Go to Subscriptions > example.com > Account > Resources.
3. Find the MS SQL databases number.
a. If it reached its limit, increase it of the following ways:
Go to Subscriptions > example.com > Customize > Resources page and increase the MS SQL databases limit (changes will affect only this subscription).
Go to Subscriptions > example.com > Service Plan: Default > Resources page and increase the MS SQL databases limit (changes will affect all subscriptions assigned to this service plan).
b. If it is not reached the limit, then this limit is set on the reseller's level as also. Follow to the next step.
4. Go to Subscriptions > example.com > Subscriber: John Doe > Provider: Jane Doe.
5. Click the Change Plan button to increase the MS SQL databases number for all resellers assigned to this service plan.
Click the Customize button to increase the MS SQL databases number only for this reseller.
6. Find the MS SQL databases number and increase it to the required value.