This article will help you give you more informations about #Zabbix Postgres vs MySQL and the criteria to choose between them.
PostgreSQL is an Object Relational #Database Management System (#ORDBMS) whereas MySQL is a community driven DBMS system. PostgreSQL support modern applications feature like #JSON, XML etc. while MySQL only supports JSON.
PostgreSQL supports Materialized Views whereas #MySQL doesn't supports Materialized Views.
#PostgreSQL is known to be faster while handling massive data sets, complicated queries, and read-write operations.
Meanwhile, MySQL is known to be faster with read-only commands.
Advantages Of Using MySQL:
1. It's Easy To Use.
2. Support Is Readily Available Whenever Necessary.
3. It's Open-Source.
4. It's Incredibly Inexpensive.
5. It's An Industry Standard.
6. It's Got A Few Stability Issues.
7. It Suffers From Relatively Poor Performance Scaling.