This article covers how to resolve 'Service check timed out after n Seconds' error for our customers.
You can increase the timeout on the check, though you will have to alter the check in XI and the plugin timeout in the ncpa.cfg file on the remote host.
If it is related to Nagios XI check_xi_ncpa Timeout:
This timeout is how long the check_xi_ncpa command on the Nagios XI server will wait for a response from the NCPA agent.
By default the timeout is not set, thereby defaulting to the plugin timeout or the global timeout.
1. In the Nagios XI web interface navigate to Configure > Core Config Manager > Commands.
2. This brings up the Commands page, use the Search field to search for ncpa and click Search.
3. Click the check_xi_ncpa command.
4. You can change the timeout in Nagios XI with the switch -T in the check_xi_ncpa command.
5. In the Command Line, add -T <time value in seconds> after $HOSTADDRESS$. Ex. -T 120
6. Save your changes and then click the Apply Configuration button.