This article covers different methods to fix the Outlook error 'We Couldn't Create The Outlook Data File'.
Main Causes of 'We couldn't create Outlook Data File' error:
This error is fairly well known among Outlook users, so people have found possible causes that led to this error happening.
1. Gmail account: The error seems to only occur when you’re trying to add a Gmail account to Outlook. The exact cause of this is unknown, however, it might have something to do with Gmail’s security options.
2. Outlook bug: A common cause of this issue is a bug within Outlook itself. The bug prevents you from adding an email account via the Add account option.
3. Simplified Account Creation Wizard: This is a relatively new Outlook feature. Generally, whenever a new feature is added to an application, it's bound to cause errors and bugs.
How to Remove Outlook Write Protection from a Hard Disk ?
One of the easiest ways of removing write protection from a disk is by using the Diskpart utility:
1. Hold the Windows and R keys down on your keyboard at the same time.
2. Type in diskpart and press OK.
3. Type in the following command and press Enter after each one:
i. list disk
ii. select disk (number)
iii. For example, if your Drive 1 is protected, you're going to type in select disk 1.
attributes disk clear read-only
4. Once the Diskpart utility finished clearing the Read-only protection, you can type in exit and hit Enter to close the command prompt.