This article covers oVirt Virtualization and how to add Compute Host to oVirt Virtualization. oVirt is a free and open-source distributed virtualization solution that can be used to manage your entire infrastructure.
oVirt allows you to manage virtual machines, compute, storage and networking resources from the web-based interface. It uses KVM hypervisor and built upon several other community projects, including libvirt, Gluster, PatternFly, and Ansible.
To Add Compute Host to oVirt:
1. Validate oVirt Engine installation by logging into the console.
2. Navigate to Compute > Hosts > New and fill all required information.
3. Modify other settings in the left panel as you see fit and click "OK" button to provision the node.
4. The Status should change to Installing and will finish in few minutes.
To Configure Host Networking:
1. If you want to add additional networks – extra bridges with VLANs e.t.c, this can be done once the host is added.
2. First create a Logical Network on Network > New. Give Virtual Network correct details. For VLAN ID check "Enable VLAN tagging".
3. With the Host added and active you can configure its networking under Network Interfaces > Setup Host Networks.
4. Assign the Logical network to an interface.
5. Drag Virtual Network for mapping to host interface.
6. Configure IP addressing if required.
7. Once saved and successful it should turn green.
8. You can then proceed to create virtual machines using oVirt Management interface.