This article covers the step you should follow to connect Amazon EC2 using putty.
How to Generate a PuTTY Private Key (.ppk) File ?
- Download and install PuTTY.
- Open the folder that PuTTY was installed to (default path is C: > Program Files > PuTTY).
- Double-click on the file puttygen.exe.
- In PuTTY Key Generator, click the Load button and navigate to the folder that contains the private key file (.pem) created during the EC2 configuration process.
- Click on the PuTTY Private Key Files button in the lower-right corner of the window and select All Files (*.*).
- Select your private key file (.pem) and click Open.
- Click OK to close the PuTTYgen Notice pop-up window.
- In PuTTY Key Generator, make sure Type of key to generate value is set to RSA.
- Click Save private key and then Yes to close the PuTTYgen Warning pop-up.
- Navigate to the location you want to store your PuTTY Private Key file (.ppk) and give it a name.
- Click Save.
- Close the PuTTY Key Generator window.
What is Amazon EC2 Instance?
1. Amazon EC2 instance is the varying combinations of CPU, memory, storage, and networking capacity that allow you to run your websites.
2. The best part of the Amazon EC2 instance is that it will allow you to scale your resources to the requirements of your target workload.