This article will guide you on how to use #Rsync to transfer #files from #Linux to #Windows share.
cwRsync is an implementation of rsync for Windows. rsync uses a file transfer technology specified by the rsync algorithm, transferring only changed chunks of files over the network. #cwRsync can be used for remote file backup and synchronization from/to Windows systems.
Syntax of rsync #command:
1. -v, –verbose Verbose output.
2. -q, –quiet suppress message output.
3. -a, –archive archive files and directory while synchronizing ( -a equal to following options -rlptgoD).
4. -r, –recursive sync files and directories recursively.
5. -b, –backup take the backup during synchronization.