This article covers the main features of SQL Server 2019. SQL Server 2019 features Data virtualization and SQL Server 2019 Big Data Clusters.
With Read, write, and process big data from Transact-SQL or Spark. Easily combine and analyze high-value relational data with high-volume big data. Query external data sources. Store big data in HDFS managed by SQL Server.
The Main Features of SQL Server 2019 includes:
1. Intelligent Query Processing Enhancements.
2. Accelerated Database Recovery (ADR).
3. AlwaysEncrypted with secure enclaves.
4. Memory-optimized Tempdb metadata.
5. Query Store custom capture policies.
6. Verbose truncation warnings.
7. Resumable index build.
8. Data virtualization with Polybase.
How do I start SQL Server?
In SQL Server Configuration Manager, in the left pane, click SQL Server Services. In the results pane, right-click SQL Server (MSSQLServer) or a named instance, and then click Start, Stop, Pause, Resume, or Restart.
To uninstall SQL Server from Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, and greater, follow these steps:
1. To begin the removal process navigate to Settings from the Start menu and then choose Apps.
2. Search for sql in the search box.
3. Select Microsoft SQL Server (Version) (Bit).
4. Select Uninstall.