This article covers methods to fix the 'This App Has Been Blocked for Your Protection on Windows' error. Windows Defender SmartScreen acts as a sort of guard dog while you use Windows 10.
It will block you from opening some apps if they come from an unknown place or are created by an unknown publisher.
Some apps really are harmful and really will get you in a mess. Only go around the Windows 10 app block if you know for sure that the file is safe.
To unblock an app that is blocked by the administrator:
1. Locate the file, right-click it, and select "Properties" from the contextual menu.
2. Now, find the "Security" section in the General tab and check the checkbox next to "Unblock" - this should mark the file as safe and let you install it.
3. Click "Apply" to save the changes and try to launch the installation file again.
To Unblock Programs In Windows Defender Firewall:
1. Select the “Start” button, then type “Firewall“.
2. Select the “Windows Defender Firewall” option.
3. Choose the "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall" option in the left pane.
To install a program that is blocked by administrator:
1. Disable Windows SmartScreen.
2. Execute the file via Command Prompt.
3. Install the app using the hidden administrator account.
4. Temporarily disable your antivirus program.