This article covers the complete procedure of installing chromium on Ubuntu 20.04. In fact, In fact, Popular browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Vivaldi, and Brave, to name a few, are all based on Chromium.
Chromium browser is different from Chromium OS. But they both are maintained by the Chromium Project.
How to Install Chromium on Ubuntu Graphically ?
1. Start the Ubuntu Software Center.
2. Search for Chromium Browser and click on the appropriate result.
3. Click on Install.
4. Wait for the installation to finish. Once completed, you will see the "Remove" button.
5. Start Chromium via the Application menu.
How to uninstall Chromium from Ubuntu ?
You can uninstall Chromium browser graphically through the Ubuntu Software center or using the below commands:
1. To uninstall chromium using apt run the following command:
$ sudo apt remove chromium-browser
2. To uninstall chromium using snap run the following command:
$ sudo snap remove chromium