Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to perform related Software Installation queries.
In this context, we shall look into how to install, configure the zulip chat application on ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
How to Download the Latest Release of Zulip ?
You can find the latest release of zulip using the wget command in your system. If you haven't installed the wget command execute the following command to install it:
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install wget openssl
Then, download the latest build from the official site:
$ wget https://www.zulip.org/dist/releases/zulip-server-latest.tar.gz
Once the download is completed, decompress it using the following command:
$ tar -xvzf zulip-server-latest.tar.gz
How to Run Zulip Setup Using Installation Script ?
Now, execute the following script with a valid email and hostname:
$ sudo -s ./zulip-server-*/scripts/setup/install --self-signed-cert --email@example.com --hostname=192.168.233.131
- Here, the email you provide will be used as an admin email.
- In the script, We are installing it locally so we will be providing our system IP as host if you have a valid domain you can use one. It will take some time for the complete setup.
- Once setup is completed you will be given the URL where you can browse the zulip web interface at the end. You will view the "Create a new Zulip organization" interface.
- Now, Enter the email you have provided during zulip setup installation and create the organization. You will be redirected to the Zulip organization registration page.
- Here, Fill up the required field and click on signup then, you will redirect to the zulip dashboard page from where you can manage chat and many other things.
[Need assistance in installing any Open-source Software ? We can help you. ]