Psensor is a temperature monitoring application that lets you monitor the temperature of your system's hardware through a graphical user interface. Using Psensor, you can monitor: CPU usage, Fan speed, Temperature of motherboard and CPU sensors, Temperature of graphics card and Temperature of Hard Disk Drives.
Here at Ibmi Media, we shall look into how to install the Psensor temperature monitoring application on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
Steps to install Psensor on Ubuntu Via Command Line
1. Psensor requires lm-sensor and hddtemp to be installed on the system. You can install these prerequisites through the below command:
$ sudo apt install lm-sensor hddtemp
2. Now you can install Psensor through the below command:
$ sudo apt install psensor
After running the apt command, you will be asked if you want to proceed with the installation. Press y and then press Enter to install Psensor Temperature Monitoring Application on your Ubuntu system.
3. To verify if Psensor is installed and to view the installed version, run the below command:
$ psensor --version
This will display the version of Psensor version installed on our system.
How to install Psensor on Ubuntu Via GUI ?
1. First, launch Software Center in your system. To do so, press the windows key and search Software Center through the search box at the top.
2. Click the search icon located at the top left corner of the Software Center window. It will open the search bar through which you can search Psensor Temperature Monitoring Application. When the Psensor application appears in the search results, click it.
3. Then the below window will show up. Click the Install button to install Psensor.
4. After that, authentication window will appear. Provide the password for the user account and click Authenticate.
After authentication, the installation of the Psensor will be started.
You will see a window which shows that Psensor has been installed. Click the Launch button if you want to launch it now.
How to Launch Psensor ?
To launch Psensor from the applications menu, hit the windows key on your keyboard and search Psensor through the search box at the top.
You will see the Psensor Temperature Monitoring Application on our Ubuntu machine. Make sure to mark the checkboxes under the Graph column to plot the graphs of the monitored sensors.
How to Uninstall Psensor from your Ubuntu Linux system ?
If for any reason you want to remove Psensor, run the below command:
$ sudo apt remove psensor
After running the above apt command, it will ask if you want to continue the procedure. Press y and then press Enter to remove Psensor Temperature Monitoring Application from your Ubuntu system.