Stacer is an extremely powerful system monitoring tool. This tool is not only capable of doing the resource usage monitoring but it can also handle the removal of unnecessary files from your system.
Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to perform related Linux System optimization queries.
In this context, we shall look into how to Install Stacer on Linux Mint 20.
Main Features of Stacer includes:
- Simple and easy-to-use Graphical Interface.
- Provides System Information.
- Monitor CPU, Memory, Disk and Network Usage.
- Monitor and manage startup applications.
- Built-in System Cleaner to Clean Caches and logs.
- Monitor and Manage Processes.
- Monitor Manage system services.
- Built-in App Uninstaller.
- View history of resource usage (CPU load, Disk usage etc.) using graphs.
- Built-in APT – repository manager.
- GNOME and Unity settings for Ubuntu.
- Option for alert messages, if system resources exceed the set value.
Steps to install Stacer on Linux Mint system
We can easily install Stacer on a Linux Mint 20 system by executing the below steps on it.
1. Download Stacer
To begin, we will download Stacer from its Official Website:
Once you will visit this link, you need to click on the stacer.deb file
This will launch a download confirmation dialogue box on your screen. You need to select the "Save" option and then click on the "OK" button.
Then, within a few minutes, Stacer will be downloaded successfully on your Linux Mint 20 system.
2. Navigate to the Downloads directory of your System
Now, you need to navigate to the "Downloads" directory of your system by issuing the below terminal command:
$ cd Downloads/
3. Perform System update and Install Stacer
After changing the path of your system's terminal, you need to update your system and install Stacer on it by executing the following command:
$ sudo apt update && sudo apt install ./stacer_1.1.0_amd64.deb
4. Launch Stacer
Finally, for launching Stacer from your system, you will have to click on the Mint Menu icon and search for Stacer. You will instantly be able to see the appropriate search result on which you will have to click to launch Stacer from your system.
How to Uninstall Stacer from Linux Mint 20 ?
Stacer can be removed from your system by issuing the below command:
$ sudo apt-get purge --autoremove stacer
[Need assistance in fixing your Linux system issues? We can help you. ]