Planning is the most crucial step in any task of the project, and it must always contain a contingency plan or emergency plan as one simply doesn’t want to get cornered in such a situation. It is better to be prepared for tough situations that might involve multiple stakeholders and might have a way to minimize the intensity of the impact or rectify it. In such cases, alerts and notifications are communicated to prevent any danger, and handling it appropriately requires skill and can be challenging as well.
However, the process of notifying the stakeholders during a tough and in case of emergency can be made effective and easy with the help and usage of emergency notification software solutions. These super-intuitive software solutions assist in broadcasting messages and alerts quickly and can even inform about any upcoming calamity. The use of such emergency notification software enables the users to communicate with each other on anticipating danger, during a crisis either on an individual level or even through masses including text, email, phone, sirens, television, etc.
It comes in handy in situations where a large group is needed to be alerted or informed quickly and efficiently timely. These powerful tools are competitive enough to gauge and detect danger or extreme weather conditions and automatically broadcasts warnings to the stakeholders.
As it involves public safety and critical business failures, therefore, companies invest in these platforms that come with reliability and speed. The usage of this emergency notification software is vast as it is used in Government organizations, healthcare, education sectors, manufacturing sectors, etc. and all these areas require speed, a user-friendly interface, ease of broadcasting alerts to masses, mobile access, reporting, and analysis tool to gauge the severity of the situation, and many more. All these functions are required at some point to ensure safety and security.
Here at Ibmi Media, we shall look into the best 7 free and open-source emergency notification software solutions that tactfully assist companies and organizations to ensure the security and safety of data and stakeholders prior to dangers and disasters.
Main Features of an Ideal Emergency Notification Software include:
- Speed: When it comes to emergency notifications, speed is the foremost factor that needs to be considered. A matter of seconds can mean life and death in case of crucial emergencies.
- Multi-Channel Delivery: Each person has a preference for communication channels they use. Some prefer to connect through email; others might prefer chat.
- Grouping Audience: If your organization is having multiple locations & departments, on-site employees, or work from home employees, you need to segment them into different groups. Some messages and alerts are not for all the employees.
- Notification Templates: Creating messages and notifications from scratch would be a time-consuming process, especially when there is some threat or a crucial situation.
- User-Friendly: Any type of software should be user-friendly. But, when it comes to emergency notification software, it is highly important that it should be user-friendly.
- Location Tracking With Map View: During an emergency, it becomes important to track the location of the employees to save them from the danger or an upcoming weather condition in that area.
- Integrations: Integrating emergency notification software with other working systems within an organization provides an added functionality.
- Two-Way Communication: Emergency notification software is just not about conveying message during a crucial situation. Many people may have questions to ask and have two-way communication.
- Reporting and Analytics: How was an emergency handled, and what were the strategies to save maximum lives and prevent losses, are the queries which can be answered by accurate analysis and reports generated from emergency notification software.
- Security: Usually, an emergency notification software stores information that is meant for the internal audience within the organization.
- Mobile Access: The software which can send notifications to any mobile device should be considered as the perfect in this era.
1. Alert Media
Alert Media is a powerful emergency notification multi-channel platform that is also supported by companion mobile apps. It is designed predominantly for deployment by companies and different crucial sectors that require safety communication with employees and stakeholders.
The important features incorporated in this tool are as follows, Real-Time Monitoring, Real-Time Notifications, Real-Time Reporting, Real-Time Chat, Real-time Updates, Reminders, Reporting & Statistics, Incident Reporting, Interaction Tracking, Knowledge Management, Live Chat, Location Tracking, Mass Notifications, Meeting Management, Mobile Access, Mobile Alerts, Email Management, Email Templates, Email Tracking, Employee Database, Employee Directory, Activity Dashboard, Activity Tracking, Activity and News Feed, Alerts & Escalation, Alerts & Notifications, Audio & Video Conferencing, Audit Trail, Automated Scheduling, Campaign Analytics, Campaign Scheduling, Campaign Segmentation, Campus Notifications, and many more.
Get started now for Free https://www.alertmedia.com/try-it-free/
RedFlag is by PocketStop which is a mass emergency notification tool for companies and organizations of all sizes which enable users to trigger notifications across various channels and platforms in case of emergency alerts, internal communications, or staffing notices. It becomes convenient to engage the masses from a single source.
The super-intuitive features included in this software are as follows, Engagement Tracking, Event-Triggered Actions, Interaction Tracking, Live Chat, Mass Notifications, Mobile Access, Mobile Alerts, Multi-Channel Communication, Multi-Language, Multi-Language Alerts, Real-Time Notifications, Real-Time Reporting, Real-Time Chat, Real-time Updates, Reporting & Statistics, Risk Alerts, Role-Based Permissions, SMS Messaging, Scheduling, Transcripts, and Chat History, Two-Way Communication, User Management, Third-Party Integrations capability, and the list goes on.
Get started now with a demo https://pocketstop.com/request-a-demo/
DeskAlerts is a super intuitive and market-competitive emergency notification platform that enables the users to broadcast alerts on both, individual basis and masses which blocks the screen of desktop and mobile phones until the message is read to ensure safety and security of the employees, teams, and stakeholders. Businesses and organizations can conveniently create seamless and secure workflows by integrating with the software with SSO and API integration capabilities.
This powerful tool comprises of features such as Activity dashboard & News Feed, Alerts and Escalation, Alerts & Notifications, Automated Scheduling, Call Center Management, Device Targeting, Digital Signage, Email Alerts, Email Management, Geolocation, Geotargeting, Mobile Alerts, Multi-Channel Communication, Newsletter Management, Notification Scheduling, Remote Access/Control, Reporting & Statistics, Reporting and Analytics, SMS Messaging, Third-Party Integrations capability, Visual Notifications, and many more down the list.
Get started with a demo https://www.alert-software.com
Klaxon is a powerful incident, emergency notification, and communication management software that guides businesses and organizations to take timely actions by alerting them prior to dangers and disasters involving teams, stakeholders from a single source. It becomes easy, and accurate with speed to notify masses on short notice regarding potential calamity.
The features incorporated in this software are as follows, Access Controls & Permissions, Activity Dashboard, Alerts & Escalation, Alerts and Notifications, Audit Management, Audit Trail, Campus Notifications, Communication Management, IT Incident Management, Incident Management, Incident Reporting, Interaction Tracking, Mass Notifications, Mobile Access, Safety Incident Management, Scheduling, Secure Data Storage, Single Sign-On, Status Tracking, Third-Party Integrations, Two-Way Communication facility, and many more.
Get started now with a demo https://www.klaxon.io
Omnigo is an amazing incident notification tool that assists companies and businesses in identifying safety issues, and hotspots throughout the business to ensure the safety and security of the employees, teams, and relevant stakeholders. This tool guides in streamlining reporting processes and produces a wealth of stats and reports for businesses and organizations.
The features incorporated in this software are as follows, Incident Management, Incident Mapping, Real-Time Data, Registration Management, Role-Based Permissions, Safety Incident Management, Scheduling, Security Management, Visitor Management, Visitor Tracking, Summary Reports, Employee Management, Evidence Management, Field Reporting, Criminal Database, Customizable Reports, Data Import/Export, Data Management, Data Visualization, Dispatch Management, Alerts & Notifications, Archiving & Retention, Audit Management, Badge Management, Access Controls & Permissions, and the list goes on.
Get started now with a demo https://www.omnigo.com/demo?hsLang=en
Squadcast is a fascinating emergency notifier that helps companies to safeguard their data and employees before disasters and danger. With the help of a single source, stakeholders are notified along the way with different channels like emails, calls, text messages, etc.
The software includes features such as Activity Dashboard, Alerts & Escalation, Alerts and Notifications, Collaboration Tools, Communications Management, Compliance Management, Contact Management, IT Incident Management, IT Reporting, Incident Management, Incident Reporting, Investigation Management, Issue Auditing, Issue Scheduling, Scenario Planning, Search & Filter, Single Sign-On, Status Tracking, Tagging features, Third-Party Integrations, Timeline Management, Two-Way Communication feature, and many more down the list.
Get started now for Free https://app.squadcast.com/register
7. Sahana EDEN
Sahana Eden is one of the most popular free and open source emergency notification software helping communities to prepare for emergencies, send responses for recovery, and build resilience which is accessible to all. It is a modular platform that can rapidly deploy information management systems used for disaster management and humanitarian purposes.
It's Key Features includes:
- Creates a database of organizations which can be of help in case of emergencies, and manages staff and volunteers ensuring that the emergencies are taken care of on time effectively.
- Records human resources, shelters, facilities, and assets would be required in different scenarios during emergency.
- Sends alerts to the communities about the emergency and save human lives and other property and monetary damages.
- Manages health facilities tracks disease impacts in various regions, and streamlines the patient information at the time of emergency.
- Manages vehicles being used while incident occurs, records and automates shipping of the items required at the place where the incident has occurred, and plan resources needed in the future.
- Collects information relating to the disaster, and helps organizations to plan their disaster management effectively.
- Allows you to send messages through email, Google Talk, SMS, and Twitter.
- Includes mapping functionality which helps you in locating the disasters and people impacted accurately.
[Need help in fixing Technical issues ? We can help you. ]