Are you Seeing people with cool new widgets on their iPhone Lock Screen?
There is a widget for virtually everything from weather to fitness and even custom messages.
Widgetable allows you to match custom Lock Screen widgets with your friends or family members for an extra touch.
Lock Screen widgets was recently added to the iPhone alongside the iOS 16 update.
Here at Ibmi Media, we shall look into some fun shared widgets on your iPhone with the Widgetable app.
More about Lock Screen Widgets ?
As part of the iOS 16 update, Apple introduced Lock Screen widgets for the iPhone. They sit right below the clock on the iOS Lock Screen to quickly display relevant information whenever you look at your iPhone.
To Find Lock Screen Widgets on you phone, simply do the following:
- Ensure that you have updated your iPhone, or you won't be able to use any widgets.
- Then, hold down on the Lock Screen, and tap Customize.
- Now, tap on Add Widgets, and a widgets menu will appear at the bottom showing all the available widgets.
What is the Widgetable App on Iphone ?
Widgetable stands out by allowing you to share your widgets and match them with your friends or family.
See it as a social platform to use shared Lock Screen widgets. For example, the app features widgets that can show the distance between you and another person at any time or include another person's chosen status.
How to Download Widgetable From the App Store ?
You can simply download the Widgetable app from the App Store to access these fun widgets and more. Anyone with whom you plan to share a widget will also need to download the app on their iPhone.
You can Download Widgetable for iOS (Free, premium subscription available) from https://apps.apple.com/us/app/widgetable-lock-screen-widget/id1641107226
How to Connect With Friends to Share Your Lock Screen Widgets ?
As soon as you have installed Widgetable From the App Store, do the following:
- Open the Widgetable app and tap on More located in the bottom menu.
- Then tap Profile & Friends from the menu.
- Next, tap on Add a new friend at the bottom of the screen and input their code. You will also see your code on this screen.
- Now, ask your friend to follow the same instructions to get to this menu. Please remember that both of you need to input each other's code in order to connect within the app.
How to Set Up a Shared Widgetable Widget on Iphone ?
Once you're both friends on Widgetable, you will need to pick out your widget and set it up.
Do the following:
- In the app, tap Explore at the bottom of the screen.
- Pick out a widget like the rectangular distance one, for example. Select the friend you want to use it with and tap Save.
- You can see your saved widgets by tapping the Mine button on the right side of the app. As a reminder, your friend must complete the same process if they also want the widget on their iPhone.
How to Add the Custom Widget to Your Lock Screen ?
With the widget set up, you can go to your Lock Screen, hold down on the screen, and tap Customize.
Then, Tap Add Widgets and see if the rectangular Widgetable widget appears in the menu.
If not, you may need to scroll down to Widgetable and select your widget.
Choose your preferred size and tap it to pick the actual widget from your saved Widgetable widgets list.
Then, just press Done!
You can also go to Wallpaper in your iPhone's Settings, and tap Customize under the preview of your Lock Screen.
Tap where you want to add the widget and select your Widgetable widget. Now, you'll be able to see it on your Lock Screen! Your friend will need to complete this step as well to see it.
After you both add it to your Lock Screen, it will sync and update automatically.
Other Widgetable Widgets you can try out on your Iphone ?
There are many fun widgets in the Widgetable app in different sizes for your Lock Screen.
Another popular one is the status widget. This one allows you to pick a custom status that will display on your friend's Lock Screen for up to 24 hours. You can change your status at any time in the app. Please note that the widget will only automatically update the other person's Lock Screen every 20 minutes.
Another fun widget is the Friends note. This one will display a short note that you write on the friend's Lock Screen. You can change the note at any time in the app.
How to Decorate Your Lock Screen With Custom Widgets ?
Widgets are easy to move and change, so you should feel free to experiment and try them all out to see what you love the most on your Lock Screen.
They can help you be more productive or put a smile on your face whenever you look at your iPhone to check the time.
However, you may not have enough room on your Lock Screen for all the widgets you want to use.