TeamViewer is popular software that is used for remote access, file transfer, and online meetings/conferences between computers.
It can be installed on major operating systems including Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, and iOS. You can read more about TeamViewer on their official web site .
Here at LinuxAPT, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to perform Software Installation tasks on Ubuntu Linux Systems.
In this context, we shall look into different ways of installing TeamViewer on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
How to install Install TeamViewer on Ubuntu ?
Before proceeding with this installation procedure, You need to have sudo or root privileges to install TeamViewer on your system.
Method 1. Install TeamViewer Using Ubuntu Terminal
1. Download TeamViewer
Since TeamViewer is proprietary software, you have to download it from their official web site by using the free wget package manager tool.
Open the terminal by pressing keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+t or by clicking the terminal icon.
Execute the following command to download the TeamViewer package in your current directory:
$ wget https://download.teamviewer.com/download/linux/teamviewer_amd64.deb
2. Install TeamViewer on Ubuntu Terminal
When you have successfully downloaded the TeamViewer on your system, execute the following command on the terminal to start installing it:
$ sudo apt install ./teamviewer_amd64.deb
When you are prompted, press 'y' and then Enter key from your keyboard.
The installation may take several minutes. Therefore, be patient.
3. Launch TeamViewer on Ubuntu Terminal
Execute the following command on the terminal. This will launch TeamViewer.
The TeamViewer application is now ready for use.
Method 2. Install TeamViewer using Graphical Installer
1. Start by opening TeamViewer’s official download page in your favorite browser, and download the .deb package according to your system architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
2. Save the package in your Downloads directory.
3. Open your Downloads directory and locate the TeamViewer .deb package you have just downloaded.
4. Right-click the package and select Open with Software Install.
5. Click Install from the window.
6. When prompted for authentication, provide your password and click Authenticate. Installation should begin and can take several minutes to complete.
How to Uninstall or Remove TeamViewer from Ubuntu ?
If you want to remove or uninstall the TeamViewer, execute the following command in the terminal:
$ sudo apt remove teamviewer
[Need urgent assistance in fixing missing packages on Ubuntu Linux ? We are available to help you. ]