Tilix used GTK+ 3 widget toolkit to create a tiling terminal emulator for Linux distribution. Initially, it was known as Terminix but later changed to Tilix.
Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to perform related Linux system tools queries.
In this context, we shall look into different ways to install tilix terminal in ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
Features of Tilix Terminal Emulator:
- Enable users to split the terminal into different sections in order to avoid switching between multiple tabs of the terminal.
- Allows arranging and rearranging the split panes easily using drag and drop.
- Support different terminal themes and layouts.
- Notification support when the processes are completed.
- Enables to use a transparent background.
- Quake mode – Allows using a keyboard shortcut to show or hide the terminal window.
- The highly configurable user interface, background images, etc.
- Input can be synchronized between terminals so commands typed in one terminal are replicated to the others.
1. How to Install tilix Using GUI Ubuntu Store ?
- You can install the tilix terminal in the ubuntu software store. To install the tilix go to the application menu then, search for Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Now, in the application store click on the search icon and search tilix. You can find the application and then click on it.
- Then, you can see the Software interface along with an install button and description of the application. Now, click on install.
- After Installation, you can browse the tilix from the application menu.
2. How to Install tilix Using Package Manager ?
Now, you can find the official package of tilix in the ubuntu package repository. To install run:
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install tilix -y
Once installation is complete you can browse tilix from the application menu.
Now, you can run regular commands in the tilix terminal.
[Need assistance in installing Open Source Software on your Linux System ? We can help you. ]