Do you want other users to know what you are up to on Microsoft Teams and when they should and should not make contact with you?
Do you want them to know why you are busy or unavailable by displaying a short message? Similar to other team collaboration apps , Microsoft Teams lets you display your current status so that other users know about your availability.
You can show your current status by displaying a little icon on your profile picture and by displaying a short message.
Here at Ibmi Media, we shall look into how to change the status on Microsoft Teams. If you do not have Microsoft Teams on your Linux system, you can visit our post on how to install Microsoft Teams on Ubuntu , Debian , openSUSE and CentOS .
Steps to follow for Changing Status on Microsoft Teams:
- In the upper right corner of Microsoft Teams, click your profile photo.
- Now you will see a small window. Click Set status message.
- Then the "Add Google Calendar" window will open. Type your status in the text area. You can type up to 280 characters.
- Under the text area, you will find a drop-down menu. Using this menu, you can choose when to clear the status message. Choose any time frame from the drop-down menu or create your custom time frame, whatever works best for you.
- Then to save the changes, click Done.
- Now if you click your profile photo, you will see the new status that you have set.
How to set Custom Status Message on Microsoft Teams ?
In order to set a custom status message on Microsoft Teams:
1. In the upper right corner of Microsoft Teams, click your profile photo.
2. You will see the "Add Google Calendar" window. Click on your current status whatever it is (Available in our case).
3. Now, you will see a list of different status options. From the list, you can pick the below status options:
- Available: when you're signed in on Microsoft Teams but do not have any meeting scheduled. If you lock your system or if it goes into sleep mode, the status will be automatically changed to Away.
- Busy: when you want to concentrate on something but do not want to be disturbed by notifications. If you are in a meeting and have not manually set the status to Do not disturb, your status will be automatically changed to busy.
- Do not disturb: when you are online but do not want to be disturbed by notifications.
- Be right back: when you want to stay away for a while.
- Appear away: when you are working and do not want to respond instantly.
- Appear offline: when you are working but want to appear as offline. You will be notified if someone sends a message
4. You can also select the Reset status option if you want to set the default status.