This article covers how to fix Zabbix error, when Zabbix tries to connect to the wrong database.
Basically, when Zabbix tries to connect to the wrong database, we can simply resolve it by restarting the service.
Zabbix is an open-source monitoring software tool for diverse IT components, including networks, servers, virtual machines (VMs) and cloud services. Zabbix provides monitoring metrics, among others network utilization, CPU load and disk space consumption.
How do I fix Zabbix server is not running?
Zabbix server error due to problems with the firewall.
1. As a root user, we check and confirm whether the firewall is allowing connection to Zabbix Server port which is 10051.
2. If not, then we add the following rule in the configuration file /etc/sysconfig/iptables.
3. Finally, restart the service in order to fix the error.
How to turn off Zabbix server?
To Stop the Service:
1. Use PuTTY to log in as user robomanager to the server where Zabbix is installed.
2. Run the following command to switch to user root: su - root.
3. Run the following command to stop the Zabbix service: systemctl stop zabbix_server.service.
To monitor my zabbix port:
1. In order to test your configuration, access the Monitoring menu and click on the Latest data option.
2. Use the filter configuration to select the desired hostname.
3. Click on the Apply button.
4. You should be able to see the results of your TCP port monitoring using Zabbix.
Where is zabbix config located?
The Zabbix installation process created an Apache configuration file that contains these settings.
It is located in the directory /etc/zabbix and is loaded automatically by Apache.
How does Zabbix proxy work?
Zabbix proxy is a process that may collect monitoring data from one or more monitored devices and send the information to the Zabbix server, essentially working on behalf of the server.
All collected data is buffered locally and then transferred to the Zabbix server the proxy belongs to.
Zabbix Server supported DATABASE ENGINE:
Zabbix Server and Proxy support five database engines:
1. IBM DB2