This article will guide you on implementing Distributed Tracing with Jaeger on Kubernetes where you will be able to find the cause of our irregular response time.
The Jaeger agent is a network daemon that listens for spans sent over UDP, which it batches and sends to the collector. It is designed to be deployed to all hosts as an infrastructure component.
The agent abstracts the routing and discovery of the collectors away from the client.
1. Application tracing allows you to log information when a program is executing.
2. Tracing is used to help you identify issues with your application (performance of the app or simply debugging an issue) instead of going through stack traces.
3. At a high level, log monitoring helps to speed up the process of identifying specific exceptions, when these exceptions occur and the frequency at which they occur. 4. Additionally, it provides developers and support personnel with a greater level of visibility into the systems and applications being monitored.
5. Insufficient logging and monitoring vulnerability occur when the security-critical event is not logged off properly, and the system is not monitored.
6. Lack of such functionalities can make malicious activities harder to detect and in turn affects the incident handling process.