Are you facing SQL Error 50000?
This guide is for you.
To access data in a SQL Server database we can use SQL Server Native Client.
However, we need to consider several factors while deciding whether to use SQL Server Native client or some other data access technology.
Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to perform related SQL queries.
In this context, we shall look into how to resolve SQL error 50000.
While installing SQL Server Management Studio on one of the client machines we came across the error:
A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file <Filename>.
The causes of this can be the following:
1. Generally, we get the error while installing or updating native client software or a software component that uses SQL Server Native Client and the target machine already has this installed previously using some MSI file.
2. In addition, if SQL Server native client file sqlncli.msi is renamed after its installation when we try to update, we will end up with the error.
In order to solve this, we need to uninstall the installed version of the SQL Server native client from add/remove the program.
Then we can try to install SQL Server or its component again.
Since we perform the above step we will not get any error and our software or native client will be installed.
To avoid further issues, we can reboot the machine post uninstalling the native client tool.
If we install only SQL Server native client and not SQL Server then we can download it from the Microsoft website and then reinstall it again.
To prevent this error from happening again we can make sure to not install it using its MSI file sqlncli.msi.
If we had installed it using this file, make sure to never rename it as well.
This article covers method to fix SQL Error 50000.
This SQL error happens in the process of installing SQL Server Management Studio on one of the client machines.
If you receive SQL Server 50000 error on a SQL Agent Job, you need to Quit the job reporting failure.
To fix this SQL error, you can try the following queries:
1. Enable the SQL Broker on the Site database:
ALTER DATABASE CM_PR1 SET ENABLE_BROKER
2. SET the Site Database as trustworthy:
ALTER DATABASE CM_PR1 SET TRUSTWORTHY ON
3. SET the Database to honor the HONOR_BROKER_PRIORITY:
ALTER DATABASE CM_PR1 SET HONOR_BROKER_PRIORITY ON;