Plesk AH01071: got error 'primary script unknown' happens either due to the fact that the path and file do not exist, or the user Apache is running under does not have filesystem permissions for the given path and file.
In this context, we shall look into methods to resolve Plesk errors.
Nature of Plesk error AH01071: Got error 'Primary script unknown'
A typical error from the website error log looks like the one given below:
AH01071: Got error 'Primary script unknown' - Apache Error
Although all the services in the server run fine, we may see that the websites on php showing a "File not found" error.
Main cause for Plesk error AH01071 is:
- Due to incorrect permissions on the domain's folder.
Symptoms of Plesk error AH01071: Got error 'Primary script unknown'
Following are some of the symptoms that we notice with the error:
1. Unable to access File Manager for a certain domain or for all domains on a server:
Internal error: Unable to find the directory /var/www/vhosts/example.com/: filemng failed: filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied System error 13: Permission denied
2. Not being able to execute actions on File Manager: such as ZIP extraction, Copy, Rename, Changing Permissions, etc.
3. Unable to connect via FTP to a domain main folder or a sub-folder with the following error:
4. Unable to connect FTP: 421 Service not available, remote server has closed.
5. Alternatively, it is not possible to add files to archive in Domains > example.com > File Manager > Add to Archive:
Unable to create the archive: filemng failed: filemng: /usr/bin/zip execution failed: zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied zip warning: Permission denied.
Next, we will see how to fix this error either from Plesk GUI or via SSH.
How to fix AH01071: got error 'primary script unknown' in Plesk ?
Via Plesk GUI
- First, Log in to Plesk GUI
- Then we have to install the Repair Kit extension
- For this we can go to Tools & Settings > Diagnose & Repair > File System > Repair
1. First, we have to connect to the server via SSH
2. Then run the following command to repair file permissions:
# plesk repair fs -y example.com
To fix permissions for all the domains:
# plesk repair fs -y