Local Docker node is missing warning is often seen when we try to manage Docker containers from the Docker extension via Plesk. This error happens when the Docker installation is corrupted.
Nature of Plesk error "Local Docker node is missing" ?
This error looks like this:
Warning: Local Docker node is missing. Refer to this KB article to resolve this issue.
The ability to work with remote nodes is available only in the paid version of the extension. You can buy the extension here.
Even though we may see the Docker Service up and running, from the Plesk logfile /var/log/plesk/panel.log we can see the following:
dpkg: error processing package docker-engine (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
Cannot install docker-engine
The main cause of this error, can be that the Docker installation being corrupted.
How to fix Plesk error "Local Docker node is missing" ?
We can reinstall the Docker extension in Plesk Extensions catalog or via a command-line interface.
1. Plesk Extensions catalog
We can use the following steps to do this with Plesk Extensions catalog:
- Firstly, to reinstall from the Plesk extension catalog, we need to type an extension name in the search bar.
- And when the extension appears in the list, we need to click on it.
- Now click Get it free to begin the installation.
- Once the reinstallation is complete check if the error still persists.
2. Command-line interface
The following steps can be done from CLI to reinstall the Docker extension:
- Connect to the Plesk server via SSH.
- And remove the Docker extension using the following command: # plesk bin extension --uninstall docker
- After that we can install the Docker extension using the following command: # plesk bin extension --install docker