Sometimes, Plesk users are Unable to access Plesk Installer web interface on Amazon EC2.
Are you facing Plesk Installer access error in EC2 and GCP ? We can help you.
Nature of Plesk Installer access error in EC2 and GCP ?
As earlier mentioned, Plesk Users notice that they are unable to access Plesk Installer web interface without having the root password on Amazon EC2 or Google Cloud instance and the error message can look like this:
Unable to log you in. Check whether you entered the right login name and password , and that the user account exists in the system.
The main Cause for this is security restrictions on Amazon EC2 or Google Cloud instances.
The command sudo is for obtaining root privileges.
The password for the user root is not set by default.
How to fix Plesk Installer access error in EC2 and GCP ?
Follow the steps below to resolve this error.
1. Start by connecting to the server using SSH key .
To connect to Linux instances through the Google Cloud Console or the gcloud command-line tool, follow the below steps:
- In the Cloud Console, go to the VM instances page.Go to VM instances
- In the list of virtual machine instances, click SSH in the row of the instance that you want to connect to.SSH button next to instance name.
- After you connect, use the terminal to run commands on your Linux instance.
- When you have finished, disconnect from the instance by using the exit command.
2. Then, obtain root privileges by running the below command:
$ sudo -i
3. Next, change the root password by running the below command:
$ passwd root
4. Then, login to Plesk.
5. Next, access Plesk Installer in Tools & Settings > Updates & Upgrades.
6. Finally, input the newly updated password for the user root and follow the appearing instructions to use Plesk Installer functionality.