Sometimes, Plesk users are Unable to access Plesk Installer web interface on Amazon EC2.
Are you facing Plesk Installer access error in EC2 and GCP ? We can help you.
Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to perform related Plesk queries.
As earlier mentioned, Plesk Users notice that they are unable to access Plesk Installer web interface without having the root password on Amazon EC2 or Google Cloud instance and the error message can look like this:
Unable to log you in. Check whether you entered the right login name and password , and that the user account exists in the system.
The main Cause for this is security restrictions on Amazon EC2 or Google Cloud instances.
The command sudo is for obtaining root privileges.
The password for the user root is not set by default.
Follow the steps below to resolve this error.
1. Start by connecting to the server using SSH key .
To connect to Linux instances through the Google Cloud Console or the gcloud command-line tool, follow the below steps:
2. Then, obtain root privileges by running the below command:
$ sudo -i
3. Next, change the root password by running the below command:
$ passwd root
4. Then, login to Plesk.
5. Next, access Plesk Installer in Tools & Settings > Updates & Upgrades.
6. Finally, input the newly updated password for the user root and follow the appearing instructions to use Plesk Installer functionality.
This article covers how to resolve Plesk Installer access error. In fact, you will be Unable to access Plesk Installer web interface on Amazon EC2 or Google Cloud instance without root password.