Sometimes, Acronis users report to us that their Backup fails with the error "Disk is full" or "Write error".
Are you trying to resolve the "Disk is full" Acronis error ? We can help you.
Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to resolve related Acronis errors.
The main Cause for the error is when backup location is full or does not have enough space to store the backup.
To fix this error we can either free up space in the target location or select another location for the backup.
In Acronis True Image 2019 and 2020:
1. First go to the Backup section, and take the Clean up backup versions option from the drop-down near clean up.
By default, Acronis True Image selects to delete all version chains, except the last one.
2. For deleting all backups except the last, we can click Delete without modifying the section.
3. If we wish to clear specific backups we can clear the checkboxes next to the versions that we want to keep, and then click Delete.
After the cleanup, some auxiliary files may stay in the storage, we must not delete them. In case if any backup versions are missing the program will detect them and delete the broken records and dependencies.
In Acronis True Image 2015/2016/2017/2018:
For Acronis True Image 2015/2016/2017/2018 we can use any one of the solutions given below:
1. Free up space in the target location.
We can delete/move files from the drive to free up space for Acronis True Image backups.
2. Move the backup chain to another location.
This can be to an external drive of a higher capacity, and reconfigure backup settings.
We can do this using the following steps:
3. Shrink archive size by setting up archive cleanup (older backups in the chain will be deleted):
4. Delete the previous backup archive and create new backups.
Note: We must not delete backup files from the location while the backup is listed in Acronis True Image.
For deleting the previous backup archives and creating a new backup we can use the following steps:
This article covers methods to fix the "Disk is full" Acronis error. This is also known as the Acronis True Image: Backup Fails with "Disk is full" Or "Write error".