Are you trying to cancel your Linode Account ?
Here at IbmiMedia, as part of our Server Management Services, we help our customers to fix Linode Account issues.
Facts to note before cancelling the Linode Account
There are many reasons why you might need to delete your Linode account.
Below are some facts you need to be aware of before cancelling your account:
- The registered credit card will be debited for any outstanding past-due and uninvoiced balance.
- The uninvoiced debt will be covered by any positive credit that was present on the account at the time of cancellation.
- Account deletion will deactivate all the services.
- Account closing is not possible with some Billing accounts remaining.
Steps to take for cancelling Linode Account
In order to successfully remove your Linode account, follow the steps given below:
- To begin, log into the Linode Cloud Manager.
- Then in the sidebar, click the Account link.
- Next, click on the Settings tab.
- Then click the Close Account button under the Close Account panel.
- On the loading confirmation page, provide the Linode username in the first field. The second field is optional. We can also enter any comments.
- Finally, click the Close Account button to complete the account cancellation process.
To avoid recurring charges, we do not need to cancel the account. Instead, we can delete all Linodes and services from the account using the Cloud Manager's Linodes tab. We will be able to keep the Linode account as a result.
This is important if we use Longview with non-Linode services or if we want to maintain the account name and history.
[Need Linode Server support ? We can help you. ]