This article covers how to install the Lighttpd server on a Linux Mint 20 system. In fact, Lighttpd is an open-source web server that focused on simplicity and high performance with small and low memory consumption but still remaining standard-compliance, security, and flexibility.
How to Install Lighttpd on your Linux system ?
1. Update all available repositories, and install Lighttpd using the apt command below:
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install lighttpd
2. Once all installation is completed, start the Lighttpd service and add it to the system boot:
$ systemctl start lighttpd
$ systemctl enable lighttpd
3. The Lighttpd service is up and running, check it using the following command:
$ systemctl status lighttpd
4. Next, add the HTTP, HTTPS, and SSH services to the ufw firewall:
$ sudo ufw allow ssh
$ sudo ufw allow http
$ sudo ufw allow https
5. Enable the ufw firewall service using the command:
$ sudo ufw enable
Type 'y' to enable the ufw firewall.