This article covers fix the Code 9c57 Windows Update Error. Error Code 9c57 generally corresponds to a failed installation of Internet Explorer 11. In addition to that, the KB 2882822 update requires validation of genuine Windows installed on the system, so you may visit the link referred in the third question and check if your Windows requires activation.
What is 'Error code 9c57' in Windows Update?
Windows Update error 9c57 is an error that may occur when you are trying to install “Windows IE9 in Windows 7 for x64 Based System” update.
How can you fix ‘Error code 9c57’ in Windows Update?
Some of the common fixes include:
1. Manually installing Internet Explorer
2. Deleting SoftwareDistribution and running DISM command and sfc/ scannow command
Causes of Windows Update Error 9C57 - Error 9C57:
During software design, programmers code anticipating the occurrence of errors.
However, there are no perfect designs, as errors can be expected even with the best program design. Glitches can happen during runtime if a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing.
To fix Windows Update Error 9C57 - Error 9C57:
1. When you get a runtime error, keep in mind that it is happening due to programs that are conflicting with each other.
The first thing you can do to resolve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs.
2. Update / Reinstall Conflicting Programs
3. Virus infection causing runtime error on your computer must immediately be prevented, quarantined or deleted. Make sure you update your virus program and run a thorough scan of the computer or, run Windows update so you can get the latest virus definition and fix.
4. You might be getting the error because of an update, like the MS Visual C++ package which might not be installed properly or completely. What you can do then is to uninstall the current package and install a fresh copy.
5. You might also be experiencing runtime error because of a very low free space on your computer.
6. If the error is related to a bad graphics driver, then you may do the following:
Open your Device Manager, locate the graphics driver
Right click the video card driver then click uninstall, then restart your computer