This article covers how to add MySQL service in websitepanel.
WebsitePanel began as DotNetPanel, which its creators made only for the Windows web technology platform as a Windows hosting panel.
To add MySQL Service on WebsitePanel, follow the steps provided below:
1. Download the installation file from here. Choose to skip registration and start the download.
2. Run the .msi file to start the installation. Click “Next” when prompted.
3. Select the product to upgrade, then click “Next“.
4. Click “Execute” to apply the update.
5. Click “Next” to configure the product.
6. If you already have a database within your server, the installer will check and update your database. Type in the correct password and then press “Check“, then press “Next” when the connection is successful.
7. Click “Execute” to apply the configuration, then “Next” to finish this part of the installation.
8. Click “Next” to proceed.
9. The installation is completed, click “Finish” to continue.
10. This shows the product you have installed, you can close the installer here or click “Add…” to install additional products such as MySQL Server ver 5.7
11. Select the “CONFIGURATION” tab and click “Servers” from the drop-down list.
12. Next, click on “My Server“, scroll down and search for “MySQL 5” tab (since we have installed MySQL 5.5 by default).
13. Click on the small “Add” besides the “MySQL 5” tab to add MySQL service to WebsitePanel.
14. From the drop-down list, choose the version of MySQL that had been installed (MySQL Server 5.5 in our case), then click "Add Service".
15. You will see a message saying that installation of MySQL Connector/Net is required, follow the instructions and download the installer.
16. Run the downloaded installer but DO NOT choose “Typical Installation“, choose “Custom Installation” instead and remove the entire “Web Providers” section from your installation as it will give a nasty error after installation. Proceed with the installation by clicking “Next” and then “Install“.
17. Return to the MySQL Service Properties page, fill in the password with the password used to login to MySQL root account and then click “Update” at the bottom of the page. If the password entered is correct, the MySQL service will be successfully added to the list of server services.