Are you facing the error, Unable to add MS SQL database in Plesk?
This guide is for you.
Since the number of MS SQL databases is limited for the webspace, subscriptions, or reseller's plan, the error, Unable to add MS SQL database in Plesk can be triggered.
When this happens, you will see an error message such as this:
Unable to add MS SQL database in Plesk: only MySQL database is available
In this context, we shall look into the causes and resolution of the error.
How to add an MS SQL database to the Plesk panel?
Follow the process below to add an MS SQL database to the Plesk panel.
1. Log in to Plesk Control Panel.
a) In Plesk 12, on the Subscriptions tab, select the [domain] that we want to work with, then select the Websites & Domains tab.
b) In Plesk 11, click on the My Subscriptions section and then the [domain]. Later, click on the Websites & Domains tab.
c) In Plesk 9, click on Domains, then click on the [domain] needing a new database.
2. Click on Databases >> Add New Database.
3. Next to Database Name, enter a name to use.
4. For Type, choose Microsoft SQL Server (DNN uses the Microsoft SQL Server)
For Plesk 12, we can create the user at this point.
5. We may ignore the Restore Database from the backup file checkbox.
6. Finally, click OK.
However, while doing this we may be unable to select the MSSQL database under Subscriptions.
We might see that only MySQL database is available.
How to fix the error, Unable to add MS SQL database in Plesk?
In Web Admin Edition:
1. Log in to Plesk.
2. Go to Tools & Settings > License Management and check if Microsoft SQL Server support enabled or not:
If no, we need to purchase the MS SQL support first for the subscription.
MSSQL support is included in the Power Pack and Developer Pack.
3. If yes, run the command below to get the current limit of MSSQL databases for the required webspace:
C:\> plesk bin subscription_settings –info example.com | findstr max_mssql_db
max_mssql_db 30 MS SQL databases
4. Then increase the number of MSSQL databases for the required webspace:
C:\> plesk bin subscription_settings -u example.com -max_mssql_db 100
plesk bin subscription_settings -u example.com -max_mssql_db -1
In Web Pro and Web Host Editions:
1. Log in to Plesk.
2. Go to Subscriptions > example.com > Account > Resources.
3. Find the MS SQL database number.
If it reached its limit, increase it in the following ways:
a) Subscriptions > example.com > Customize > Resources page and increase the MS SQL databases limit (changes will affect only this subscription).
b) Go to Subscriptions > example.com > Service Plan: Default > Resources page and increase the MS SQL databases limit (changes will affect all subscriptions assigned to this service plan).
4. If it did not reach the limit, go to Subscriptions > example.com > Subscriber: John Ibmimedia > Provider: Jane Ibmimedia.
Click the Change Plan button to increase the MS SQL databases number for all resellers assigned to this service plan.
Click the Customize button to increase the MS SQL databases number only for this reseller.
5. Find the MS SQL databases number and increase it to the required value.