Are you trying to create custom php.ini in Litespeed Webserver?
This guide is for you.
Php.ini file is a configuration file of php where you can declare any changes in php setting.
In the php.ini file you can change the default setting of server by simply editing the php.ini file or create a new php.ini file.
In php.ini file you can change immediately in the functionality of php. When php is initialized than php.ini file is read every time.
If php.ini file is not load on your account than you can create the php.ini file.
LiteSpeed Web Server conserves resources without sacrificing performance, security, compatibility, or convenience. Litespeed web server is used in many of the hosting servers to accelerate the performance of the websites hosted in it.
In this context, we shall look into how to fix create custom php.ini in Litespeed Webserver.
Steps to create custom php.ini in Litespeed webserver ?
For our customer, we found a Litespeed web server installed on the server. However, like in Apache he copied a php.ini file to the public_html directory and set the .htaccess file with respect to that.
However, it didn’t work and the site was still loading with the main configuration file.
Initially, we have to check the PHP configuration settings.
To do so, we create a phpinfo page inside the domain for which we want to configure custom php.ini.
The phpinfo page will list all the configuration settings of the system for the domain.
We can see that the configuration file loads from /usr/local/lib/php.ini. We have to change the location of the php.ini file to /home/username/public_html/php.ini
To create a custom php.ini file in the Litespeed web server, we need to make certain settings in the configuration file.
First, we have to copy the php.ini file to the public_html directory of the corresponding account.
1. Login into WHM
2. Select Litespeed Web Server > Litespeed Configuration > Admin Console > Configuration > Server > External App > lsphp5
3. Under Environment section >> add “PHPRC=$VH_ROOT”
4. Under “suEXEC User ” section >> add the account username for which we want to enable custom php.ini
5. Then under “suEXEC Group ” section >> add the group name of the same account.
6. Define PHPRC in LSWS Server to $VH_ROOT under Environment section.
In addition, make sure that the permission of php.ini file is readable by suEXEC user.
1. Under “suEXEC User ” section >> add the account username for which we want to enable custom php.ini
2. Under “suEXEC Group ” section >> add the group name of the same account.
3. Define PHP_INI_SCAN_DIR in LSWS Server to $VH_ROOT/php
4. Eventually, save and return to Main >> Litespeed Webserver
5. Under Quick Configuration of PHP suEXEC settings, set Enable PHP suExec to yes.
Once done, restart the webserver. Now we can confirm the values by checking the phpinfo page.