Sometimes Windows users come across this error when VNC services cannot establish a connection between our device and the remote computer.
Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to resolve related VNC errors.
In this context, we shall look into tips to resolve 'VNC Server is not currently listening for cloud connections' issue for our customers.
Nature of 'VNC Server is not currently listening for cloud connections' error?
The following are reasons why this issue happens:
1. The remote computer is not connected to the Internet
2. The remote computer is asleep
3. After that, we need to check If we have disabled cloud connections in VNC Server's Options dialog, under the Connections heading.
How to resolve 'VNC Server is not currently listening for cloud connections' error ?
To fix this error, apply the tips given below:
1. Firstly, check whether the remote computer is connected to the Internet. If it is not, we will not be able to connect.
2. It may be that the remote computer is asleep. It is advisable to prevent a remote computer sleeping or hibernating while remote access is required:
* Windows: In Control Panel > Power Options > Change when the computer sleeps, make sure Put the computer to sleep when plugged in is Never.
* Mac: In System Preferences > Energy Saver, make sure Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off is selected.
3. After that, make sure cloud connections in VNC Server’s Options dialog, under the Connections heading.
VNC Server will be functioning correctly if there is a green tick (and no error messages) displayed in its Status dialog.
As a final thing to try, please try restarting VNC Server and/or the computer running VNC Server.
In Windows, this can be done via the Services utility.
For Mac/Linux, right click the VNC Server icon in the system tray (by the clock) and click Stop VNC Server.
Then, launch VNC Server from Applications menu.
[Need assistance in fixing Windows error? We can help you. ]