We can access the Nagios Network Analyzer reports by configuring the Nagios Network Analyzer Component within Nagios XI.
This will allow quick and easy access to Nagios Network Analyzer Network Report and Network Query report.
Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to perform related Nagios queries.
Access Nagios Network Analyzer Reports
Here, we will use Nagios XI 2014 or later and Nagios Network Analyzer 2014 version 1.5 or later.
How to Configure the Nagios Network Analyzer Component ?
- Initially, from the Nagios XI Web interface, we navigate to Admin > System Extensions > Manage Components.
- Then we find the Nagios Network Analyzer Component and click on the Edit Settings icon.
- To add a new Network Analyzer server, we click on the Add a Server link.
Then we fill in all of the required information:
- Select a Name for Nagios Network Analyzer server.
- Enter the IP address of the Nagios Network Analyzer server.
- Enter the API Key. We can find it on the My Profile page in the Nagios Network Analyzer web interface.
- Optionally, we can select the Use SSL and Allow invalid certificate check-boxes.
- To add more Nagios Network Analyzer servers we just need to click on the Add a Server link.
- We can remove a server by clicking on the Remove link.
- The Disable Host/Service Tabs from being shown is only applicable if we are not integrating Nagios Network Analyzer with Nagios XI.
- Once done, we click on the Apply Settings button.
- We can see that our settings were updated.
How to View the Nagios Network Analyzer Reports ?
We have to two options:
1. Network Report
Select Network Analyzer Server, the source or sourcegroup, and the Report to run from the dropdown menus and click on Run Report.
2. Network Query
Select Network Analyzer server, the source or sourcegroup, and the Query to run from the drop-down menus, and click on Run Query.
By default, Nagios XI includes only two network queries. However, we can view all of the queries saved in Nagios Network Analyzer. We can find it in the Query to run the drop-down menu.
How to Exclude Columns In Reports ?
Generally, we may have too much data which we cannot display properly on a PDF.
Then, it is possible to exclude some of the columns that we do not need from the report table. To do so, we click on the Show Column Excluders and select the check-boxes to exclude.