Are you trying to disable the password history for your DNN site?
This guide is for you.
Disabling Password History in DNN can be done by disabling the Enable Password History option under Membership Management.
Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to disable password history in DNN.
In this context, we shall look into steps to disable password history effectively.
Before getting deep into disabling password history in DNN websites, let’s first look at the need for it.
Usually, with the default setting in DNN websites, we cannot reuse a password.
In simpler words, it means one cannot change their password to the older password.
This happens because of a feature in DNN that actually remembers the history of the passwords used.
Recently, one of our customers approached us with a requirement to disable password history for his DNN website. Our Support Experts had a precise look into his requirement and sorted it out for him.
1. Firstly, we logged into the DNN website with administrator privileges.
2. Then, we navigated to Persona Bar -> Settings -> Security.
3. From the Site Security window, we clicked the Member Accounts tab.
4. Then, we navigated to the Member Management sub-tab.
5. After that, we disabled the Enable Password History option which was enabled by default.
6. Then, we clicked the Save button.
7. Next, we changed the password by using the same old password.
8. After that, we navigated again to Persona Bar -> Settings -> Security.
9. Lastly, we enabled the option Enable Password History and clicked the Save button.
Thus, we fixed our customer's requirement of using the same password during the password reset.
This guide will help to disable password history in #DNN by disabling Enable #Password #History option under the Membership Management tab.
To disable Disable Password History in DNN:
In Host > Host Settings > Advanced Settings > Membership Management, you can disable the history by unchecking "Enable password history".