Are you trying to upload a favicon to your DNN website?
This guide is for you.
We can upload it to DNN websites by using the Favicon upload option.
Favicons are icons with .ico extension which are associated with a particular website.
Typically, they are displayed in the address bar of a browser accessing the site. Also, they are displayed next to the site name in a user’s list of bookmarks.
Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to upload favicons in DNN websites.
Now let us look into the process of uploading the favicon to a DNN website.
How to upload a favicon on the DNN website?
Recently, one of our customers approached us with the requirement to upload a favicon to his DNN website. Our Support Experts had a precise look into his requirement and sorted it out for him.
Now, let's see how our Support Experts uploaded it to the DNN website.
1. Firstly, we logged into his DNN website with host privileges.
2. Then, we navigated to Site Settings -> Site Info -> Logo and Icons -> Favicon.
3. Lastly, we uploaded the favicon’s .ico file from here.
Thus, we uploaded the favicon successfully for our customers.
Alternatively, we can also upload it to the DNN website using the "Enter URL Link" option.
In this case, our Support Experts follow the below steps:
1. Firstly, we upload the favicon image to the httpdocs folder via file manager.
2. Then, we navigate to Site Settings >> Site Info >> Logo and Icons >> Favicon in the website.
3. Next, we click on the “Enter URL Link option”.
4. Lastly, we enter the URL “http://<doman-name>/<faviconname>.ico” and press Enter and 5. Save the settings made.
This also uploads favicon to DNN websites.