OnApp Cloud is a breeze for Hosting Providers.
It is the software to manage cloud servers and virtual servers.
In this context, we shall look into OnApp Cloud.
What is OnApp Cloud ?
Cloud servers and virtual servers roots in the virtualization technique.
Basically, virtualization is the partitioning of a physical server into smaller virtual servers.
But how to manage these virtual servers?
There are control panels with GUI. One such software is OnApp.
For managing cloud servers there is a specific OnApp Cloud software.
OnApp basic features include:
1. Deploying virtual machines
2. Virtual Server management
3. Dynamically allocating resources
4. Deploying services.
So it offers flexible control over the cloud environment. For instance, managing server clusters.
Hence helps to make the best use of hardware.
Logging into the OnApp software opens up a dashboard.
The dashboard features include:
1. Statistics: The default view showing the memory, CPU usage, storage, etc.
2. Cloud: It gives entire details of the cloud, like the number of VS, disk space, hypervisors, and so on. The details will be specific for both normal users and administrators.
3. Account: Gives the details of the account. In the case of administrators, whole information of the cloud is available here.
4. Activity log: Users can see their recent activities on the virtual server here. On the other hand, the administrators get recent activities of the entire cloud.
It also allows creating a new virtual server with a single click.
The CREATE SERVER option serves this purpose. It also provides a global search across the server too.