phpMyAdmin is the web application written primarily in PHP.
It's used for managing MySQL database.
It is very annoying when Phpmyadmin keeps asking for a password.
This issue can arise due to many different reasons that include browser cache issues, using an incorrect password, drive being full, and so on.
Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to resolve phpMyAdmin related issues.
In this context, we shall look into method to fix this phpMyAdmin problem.
To resolve this error, apply the tips given below.
1. Resetting the cPanel password.
Here are the steps that we follow.
i. First, we login to WHM at https://:2087 as user root.
Then using the server's root password.
ii. Now, we go to 'Home >> Account Information >> List Accounts'.
iii. Then we click on the + sign near the domain for which we want to change the cPanel password. We see an option there to change the password.
iv. Here, we select the option “Sync Mysql password with account password” and change the password.
2. We ensure that we are using the right password. Normally, we need to use the MySQL password rather than the phpMyAdmin password here.
3. We try to clear the browser cache.
4. If the drive is full, then the PHP session times out resulting in throwing us back to the login page again and again. So we ensure that we have enough space in the server.
5. Reloading the server can also help sometimes.
This article will guide you on tips to resolve phpMyAdmin error when it keeps asking for a password to login.
This #phpMyAdmin problem can arise due to many different reasons that include browser cache issues, using an incorrect password, drive being full, and so on.
To fix this problem, you need to reset the cPanel password as follows:
1. Login to WHM at https://<your vps ip>:20871) as user root, using the server's root password.
2. Go to 'Home >> Account Information >> List Accounts'.
3. Click on the + sign near the domain for which you want to change the cPanel password. 4. You can see an option there to change the password.
5. Select the option "Sync #Mysql password with account password" and change password.