For security reasons, phpPgAdmin is accessible only when using 127.0.0.1 as the hostname. To access it from a remote system, you must create an SSH tunnel that routes requests to the Apache Web server from 127.0.0.1.
Here at Ibmi Media, as part of our Server Management Services, we regularly help our Customers to perform related phpPgAdmin queries.
In this context, you will learn how to allow remote access to phppgadmin.
How to allow remote access to phppgadmin ?
Here, you will see how to go about allowing remote access to phppgadmin.
How to Install and Configure phpPgAdmin in CentOS ?
Follow below steps to install and configure phpPgAdmin:
1. Firstly, type in the following command to install the required package:
$ yum install phpPgAdmin
2. Before editing the phpPgAdmin main configuration, make a backup of it first:
$ cp /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpPgAdmin.conf /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpPgAdmin.conf.BAK
3. Allowing remote access to phpPgAdmin is very similar to phpMyAdmin.
Here you can also add a Require ip XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/XX line with your defined subnet’s network address below the line Require local in the phpPgAdmin.conf file, or use the sed utility to do this automatically for you:
sed -i "s,\(Require local\),\1\nRequire ip $NET,g"
4. Then, restart Apache and browse to the phpPgAdmin main page:
How to allow remote access to PostgreSQL server on a Plesk server?
1. Firstly, connect to the PostgreSQL server via SSH.
2. Get location of postgresql.conf file by executing the command (it should be something like /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf):
# psql -U postgres -c ‘SHOW config_file’
3. Then, open postgresql.conf file and add the following line to the end:
listen_addresses = ‘*’
4. Get the location of pg_hba.conf file:
# grep pg_hba.conf /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf
where /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf is the file from output of step 2
5. Next, add the following line to the end of /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf file:
host samerole all 203.0.113.2/32 md5
203.0.113.2/32 is the remote IP from which connection is allowed. If you want to allow connection from any IP specify 0.0.0.0/0 .
md5 is the authentication method, which requires the client to supply a double-MD5-hashed password for authentication.
User john.doe from database example1 has access to database example1 only.
6. Finally, restart PostgreSQL server to apply the changes: Plesk > Tools & Settings > Services
[Need any other assistance with phppgadmin? We can help you. ]