This article will guide you on the steps to #install and configure #OpenLDAP on #Ubuntu.
OpenLDAP is a open source implementation of #LDAP in Linux.
If it's your #server, you will know just by looking at the running services. When you are there, run #netstat and probably you will see LDAP listening only on localhost . Remotely, if the server is listening on #localhost , you cannot know just by running nmap , the port will not answer for the public #interface.
To Install and Configure OpenLDAP on #CentOS / #RHEL #Linux:
1. Install OpenLDAP Packages. On CentOS and RedHat, use yum install as shown below, to install the openldap related packages.
2. LDAP #Config Files. config.
3. Create olcRootDN Account as Admin.
4. Create olcRootPW Root Password.
5. Create olcSuffix #Domain Name.
6. Verify The #Configuration Files.
7. Start the LDAP Server.
8. Verify the LDAP Search.